Rachel's Reviews > Food Lovers' Guide to® Phoenix & Scottsdale: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings

Food Lovers' Guide to® Phoenix & Scottsdale by Katarina Kovacevic

Jul 19, 2012

bookshelves: cookbooks-and-food, nonfiction
Read in July, 2012

Most of the restaurants and food establishments listed in this book I already knew of, so I was looking for ones I hadn't heard of before. I found 13 news ones that I want to check out online before I decide if I will go there in the future. I liked that the beginning featured a food news/blogging section, a list of food festivals and events, and a list of food trucks available in the area. There was also a food glossary of terms used in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, which is helpful if you've never been here before. The restaurant listings themselves are broken down into areas of Phoenix, Scottsdale, East Valley and West Valley. I must say that I am sad that there are no Chinese or Indian places listed at all (my hubby and I have been searching for a good Chinese & Indian place since we got here), so that would be my only gripe with it. Well that and the fact there is hardly any under $20 places in Scottsdale. I mean I know it's the fancy-pants part of town, but still, I know some regular folks live there too. The back of the book featured recipes by local chefs, which I'm guessing they use at their restaurants. My favorites were the Argula Pesto with Pickled Tomatoes Bruschetta and Lamb Drumstick with Ginger Beer BBQ Sauce. Highly Recommended for Foodies, 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Lovers' Guide to® Phoenix & Scottsdale.