Marga's Reviews > Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not)

Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not) by José Rizal

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: for-school, awesome-author, reviewed, proudly-pinoy, part-of-a-series
Read on January 01, 2006 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I read this back in high school. It was required for all 3rd year students to finish the part 1 masterpiece of Jose Rizal, our Philippine National Hero.

I am very proud to be pinoy because of this book. This (and El Filibusterismo) is the only tagalog/Philippine book that I've read that have inspired millions of Filipinos and have raised awareness on Philippine History.

It's a story based on true events and I think that makes it a more awesome book. A lot of events in the book really happened in the Philippines and I love Rizal's rebellion in writing this and El Fili.

The thing I love most about this book is that it speaks the truth about what happened to the Philippines during the Spanish rule. And it speaks for those Filipinos who fought for their freedom and it also speaks for the Filipinos who have suffered from Spaniards.

Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo are the best Filipino books, for me. Well done, Jose Rizal.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not).