Ashley's Reviews > Eve

Eve by Anna Carey

Jul 24, 12

Read from July 19 to 24, 2012

2.5 stars. I enjoyed the world, but Eve, the main character was almost excruciatingly annoying. She made choice after choice that I found to be dumb and selfish, and she seemed not to have much of a personality at all. Her companion Arden was much more interesting and complex than she was.

While I found her love interest Caleb appealing, I didn't think their romance was convincing. She's the first woman he's met in years, so I felt like he thought he loved her because of that fact alone. I found myself wishing he'd fall for Arden instead, because she was strong and smart and brave while Eve seemed one-dimensional in the worst way possible.

It also bothered me that she was constantly a victim who always needed to be rescued: by Arden, by Caleb, by her mother and teachers. So many people sacrifice themselves for her well-being and she rarely if ever does the same for them, or anyone else she claims to care about (i.e. Pip and Ruby).

The book was a definite page turner and I may read the next one, but it would be more so to find out what happens to Arden and Caleb and Pip and Ruby than because I care at all about Eve.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eve.