She-Who-Reads's Reviews > The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn

Aug 18, 07

bookshelves: romance, historical, regency
Read in August, 2007

I was a little disappointed in this book. I love Julia Quinn; I find her novels engrossing, entertaining, funny, and romantic. They're generally just good reads. But The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever was just okay. It was one of the first novels she ever wrote -- she revised the manuscript when she needed a standalone novel to publish after the end of her Bridgerton series -- and it shows. It was mildly entertaining, but both Miranda and Turner lacked the spark that makes truly interesting characters. And the twists and turns of the plot were extremely conventional. The whole books was utterly predictable. It's not a bad book, but I didn't love it either -- strictly middle of the road.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Thannasset Hi there! Just finished this myself, enjoyed it as I enjoy almost anything Julia Quinn writes. Wish I had been there to see the first edition of Lady W's Society Paper....in the Bridgerton series.
Have Fun!

She-Who-Reads Wow, what a fast response! I'm glad you liked the book -- and I liked it too, but not as much as I usually like Julia Quinn. I guess that just means her next one will be fabulous, right? :)