David's Reviews > The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success

The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy

M 50x66
Jul 19, 2012

bookshelves: business
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

Hardy has written a fascinating book! Likely in the top 5 best books I've read.

I expected that he would discuss how compound interest works, but he turns the corner and effectively illustrates how a financial principle can be applied to one's life to have similar results. I quickly burned through a highlighter making notes throughout the book.

The best three principles I took from the book are:

1) The 1% Rule: This is a principle where a person makes small changes over a period of time. He demonstrates the power of 1% with a picture of a plane going off course by 1% over several hundred miles. Then Hardy gives an example of a coworker that went from not running to finishing marathons.

2) Life Filters: This is a concept to filter out people and negative ideas that do not add to success. For instance, a decade ago I quit watching the news and yet, I still know what is going on in the world without the negative bombardment of negative news.

3) Do The Unexpected: While I used to do some of these suggestions, Hardy shows how to serve others well and blow them away with the level of service.

I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Compound Effect.