Sabine's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Jul 19, 12

Read in May, 2012

It has been a little while and Alexia and Conall live now next door (and cupboard) with Lord Akeldama who has adopted little Prudence. Suddenly, one day at the opera, Alexia is summoned by Countess Nadasdy. She has a cryptic message from Egypt: The oldest vampire queen has requested the visit of Alexia and her child and refers to some information about Alexias late father. On her way back to London, she comes across with the missing beta of the Kingair pack. But before Alexia can speak to him he is shot and she tries to save him and takes him back to London where he dies.

Alexia and Conall decide to find out what is behind the message and travel to Egypt - together with their child and a rather large entourage containing of Ivy Tunstall and her actor group and the mysterious Madame Lefoux. Meanwhile Biffy and Professor Lyell stay in London and try to solve the mystery behind the death of the Kingair beta. Is there a connection to the summons of the Egypt vampire queen?

It is a pity that this book is the final installment in this series. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the books of Gail Carriger. It is great fun to read about Alexia, Conall and most of all little Prudence. It was so funny and lovely to see how she communicates with the others, especially her mother and so cute to read about Conalls struggeling to touch his daughter when it is clearly not possible without creating chaos due to Prudence's ability. Sometimes I had to laugh out loud because of the dialogues.

Some surprising twists in the plot in the end let me suffer and laugh with Alexia and I was really sad after finishing the book and saying goodbye to her. A great series, an even greater heroine - thank you, Ms. Carriger!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.