Eileen's Reviews > For Ever

For Ever by C.J. Valles

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult
Read from July 19 to 20, 2012

Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

Don't let this cover fool you. While it may seem lackluster and commonplace, just another indie author's novel, that is definitely not the case. For Ever is a paranormal romance, it's not a historical fiction, it's not nonfiction, it's not whatever the cover screams in your mind; it's a paranormal romance, and a pretty good one at that. It is a little Twilight-esque in some areas of the novel, although I enjoyed For Ever way more than I ever did Twilight. Seriously. Way more.

I really did like Wren when I first met her. She's not a very strong character, but she isn't whiny. Although she relies a lot on Ever's help throughout For Ever, Wren was still loyal and dedicated to her friends and family. Near the ending of For Ever, Wren was faced with a gut-wrenching choice and she ended up making a really honorable choice to protect her friends. I mean, every human is selfish, we all want to live, but Wren is a loyal, devoted character and she stayed that way throughout most of the novel. However, Wren did get to me sometimes. It seemed that she was in love with Ever only because of his rakishly good looks, but what about what was on the inside? There wasn't much substance in their romance which kind of turned me off.

The plot of For Ever was definitely intriguing. For Ever was more of a romance, and then a paranormal novel rather than a paranormal romance. If you appreciate there being a dominant quality of romance in a paranormal novel, then I will be the first to recommend For Ever to you. The novel was more about the fact that Wren and Ever were falling in love rather than Wren's ability to read minds and Ever's. However, as a romance junkie, I did love the romantic element to it and I thought it was a nice touch and I really enjoyed that aspect of For Ever. If you aren't a big fan of a dominant romantic quality in a novel, I would pass on For Ever, but if you do like that, then For Ever would definitely be recommended to you.

I ate up For Ever. The way that For Ever is laid out made it extremely easy for me to just sit back and absorb it. I didn't have to read, I could easily absorb the story and I didn't have to provide any effort to read For Ever. The writing was extremely well done and the pages just flew by for me. I was on page 10, but then I looked up and saw that hours had gone by and I was almost done with it. The writing flowed smoothly and didn't trip me up and jerk me around like some novels' writing style do.

With well-developed main characters, a smooth writing style, and plenty of romance, For Ever will come highly recommended by many readers.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Ever.

Kayla (Ramblings of a Book Junkie) Are you currently reading this for review also?