Melissa (Book Nerd Reviews)'s Reviews > When It Happens

When It Happens by Susane Colasanti

Jul 30, 12

bookshelves: to-swap
Read from July 19 to 25, 2012

This was such a fun quick read! Definitely one of those pure indulgence type of books, but I enjoyed it so much I read it over the course of a day (a work day I might add! lol).

I really enjoyed the storyline, and whilst I could see what was coming a mile away, I still went along with it and enjoyed it very much.

Each chapter alternates between Sara and Tobey, and on a few occasions we overlap the same scene from each of their perspectives which I thought was pretty cute, cause it looks as though the other is confident in themselves until we hear their side of the story and they're both just as insecure and nervous as each other. Adorable!

Tobey and Sara as far as characters go are quite likeable and we all really want Tobey to be able to win the girl, especially after she starts seeing Dave, who is a complete loser. There's some clear winners and losers in this book and I personally love books that have a villain!

There's some really 80's type of moments in this book which being an 80's child, I really loved, like flashbacks to the movie Say Anything and battle of the bands competitions.

As I said at the top of the review, pure indulgence! Fun, easy to read and most importantly entertaining, I would definitely recommend this book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When It Happens.

07/24/2012 page 51