Corey Dutson's Reviews > A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

1198481
Jul 19, 2012

Read from July 09 to 14, 2012

I actually met James and Bob a couple years ago around Covent Garden. Both of them are wonderfully brilliant characters in their own right. Back then, I recall him telling me and Theresa about a book that he was putting out, but I didn't really give it much thought.

Fast-forward to a month ago, and what do I find in a bookstore but a stack of this book! I'm so happy he actually managed to get it out there for everyone to read.

This is an warming, enjoyable book that is both heart-felt as well as educational. Those of us that haven't had to live on the streets don't really get a handle on just how hard a life that is. This book not only details one mans struggle to get off his feet and out of the rough life, but also about the ginger cat that gave him that push.

It's not a difficult read, but I would highly recommend it to everyone. Brought a lot of smiles to my face during its reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Street Cat Named Bob.

02/11/2016 marked as: read

Diana OMG Corey, really? Love it. Just read his second book, still need to read the original. Hope I meet them one day. :-)

Corey Dutson I need to pick up the second one. He n Bob are an inspiration.

message 3: by Ritchel (new) - added it

Ritchel Siazar At least your comment made me encourage more to read his Book, i am a Cat Lover, so whatever the other comments here said negative or positive i still love to read the Book. You already meet Bob ;) i'd love to meet him. hehe and also James.