Tanja Berg's Reviews > The Brutal Telling

The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: kindle, murder-mystery
Read from July 19 to 20, 2012

Aw - now that the politics are done and over with, I just love this series! Finally a Chief Inspector who is not a Lord, Poet, near Deity or a Drunkard! It's so nice to meet up with the familiar inhabitants of Three Pines village. Who cares that they have the highest rate of murder per capita in the world?! Such a picturesque, sweet little town anyway.

A body is found in the gay couple's bistro, Gabri and Oliver's. No one claims to know him. Chief Inspector Gamache comes and begin to investigate. Soon they discover a cabin in the woods, filled with antique treasure. The question how Oliver came to own half the town of Three Pines comes up. The fact that Oliver keeps lying at every turn doesn't help - but did he really kill the guy?

This was a truly delightful read from one end to the other. I hung on every word. Louise Penny is truly gifted and I am on cloud nine for having found a crime series worth following again. They are few and far betweeen!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brutal Telling.

07/19/2012 "Back to something tried and true. Must ignore the voice in my head asking how many murders there can be in the tiniest of towns."
show 4 hidden updates…