Jenna's Reviews > The Odyssey

The Odyssey by Homer

Dec 07, 08

bookshelves: greek

I know, as crazy as it sounds I didn't hate The Odyssey, in fact, at parts, I actually sorta/kinda liked it. I know, crazy. But whatever. Most people know what The Odyssey is about, and if they don't, they will. So, I am not going to waste time explaining it.

For those who have read it, here are my opinions:
Hate Penelope. Period. She is so whiny, and I am probably about to be shunned by the millions of Twilight fans, but she reminds me A LOT of Bella (cringe as fruit flies toward an unsuspecting me. Wow, those Twilighters sure have good aim...) She was always going up to her room crying about how sad her situation was "Poor me, my husband isn't here", or "Why won't these suitors leave me alone, haven't I been through enough." Seriously lady, cry me a river.
Also, why is the word "teeming" on almost every other page? "And Odysseus' great mind teeming...", really, what is up with that?
How come everyone knows everyone elses life story? Was there no privacy? Was nothing sacred?
I think Telemachus was hot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Odyssey.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maggie Aren't you supposed to already be reading this Jenna? Are you using Cliff Notes for all of our tests??

Collin I LOVE this review, Jenna!

Jenna Maggie: No silly! I read it all... I finished! (YAY)

Collin: I know! Don't you think Telemachus and I make such a cute couple.

Collin yes! just perfect!