Soumi's Reviews > Alice in Zombieland

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Sep 18, 12

bookshelves: mira-ink, owned-arcs, owned-copy, books-i-reviewed, young-adult
Read from September 13 to 17, 2012

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Do you remember the little girl who falls inside a rabbit hole and experience a whole new magical world of talking creatures?
Our teenage Alice Bell, is very different from our Little Alice in Lewis Carroll classic, and Alice in Zombieland is an modern retelling of Carroll classci, which is darker and more twisted. I'm not a fan of zombie fiction, but I couldn't resist myself form reading the most original remake of my favorite childhood tale.

Author Gena Showalter delivers the impressive and profoundly different zombie tale wrapping with actions and most enjoying dialog, and heavens! the romance is spicier than ever, and I'm still drooling over the protagonist Cole.
In Alice in Zombieland, our Alice didn't fall inside the rabbit hole, instead she witness her father worst imagination coming true and murdering her whole family. Broken but alive Alice went to stay with her grand parents and there she met Cole, the baddest of the bad boys who has dark secrets. But if Ali wants her revenge, she have to trust him with all her heart.

In Alice in Zombieland, Gena Showalter delivers the awesomeness of alpha hero and kick ass heroine, that will leave you speechless and make you swooning over them.The tantalizing romance between Alice and Cole blew me away. The sexual tension, and witty humor, was enjoying and adorable. Cole's fierceness and Alice's curiosity and when their attitude clashes, it was more like a volcano explosion. Other secondary characters are enjoying as well, especially her loud and partygirl best friend Kat and Cole's second in hand Frosty.

We know zombies are rotting hungry corpse resurrected back to life, but here author has changed the definition in many aspect. Yes they are hungry for human flesh, but they are not putrefactive bodies, they are more like souls from spirit realms.

However, I am a big fan of amazing storytelling and interesting characters, and Gena Showalter never disappoints me. So, I will being tortured until the next book Through the Zombieglass comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Zombieland.

09/13/2012 page 136
09/15/2012 page 294
72.0% "ohh sweet heaven..I could stare at his scars for a day log"

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

This looks good, Soumi! Thanks, added. :):)

Soumi I just got it today and the blurb in back is really awesome

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Looking forward to your updates when you start reading it! :)

message 6: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Alice in ZOMBIELAND? I am not going to read this...I HATE zombies :o they scare the crap out if me, they nearly beat clowns.

Soumi You should definitely try it. It's not that spooky ar scary, rather funny.

message 4: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Soumi (in love with PUCK) wrote: "You should definitely try it. It's not that spooky ar scary, rather funny."

The last time I've read an alice book was when I was a child...

Rejean Sours I didn't care for this one. I love zombie books but this one was boring to me.

Soumi Cole was hottie hot,it's hard to resist myself