Jennifer's Reviews > The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone

The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone by Emily Giffin

Jul 18, 2012

it was ok
Read from July 18 to August 10, 2012

I got this from on amazon kindle app for andriod so I decided to read it since I've read most of Emily Griffin's books & enjoyed them.

Darcy was a character I was never a huge fan of because she's everything I can't stand about most women. But I figured I would give it a chance. When u 1st start reading it, you just want to smack her. After awhile, you're able to get used to her whiny ways & see the real story.

Darcy gets a diary so she decides to use, even if she's not really a dairy girl (why does everyone have to say that when they start writing in one? As if writing things down is a bad thing?).

finally, she finds her voice & she talks about her boyfriends, school, her bff rachel & basic high school stuff. Nothing that is very shocking or you could figure out for yourself, if you have ever been to a school before you will know what I mean.

Stereotypical high school girl has the perfect boyfriend, sex, her off is smarter than, she's stuck up, not so bright & only cares about her looks, you know the same shit you've heard time after time. Boring!

the one thing that I came away from this book is that Darcy in the "something borrowed" & "something blue" is different, glad to see that she grows up from this spoiled little brat she was in high school.

In the other books, she claims that she got accepted to Notre dame but after hearing how low her Sat's were, we know she didn't get accepted plus she even mentions it in her diary. She lied then kept it after her bffs' boyfriend kept making fun of how stupid Darcy is. This didn't shock you, it just confirmed what we already knew.

All in all, it was nice to see disappoint her back story. Read all about how she was in high school, her crushes, boyfriends, and find out how her dad was cheating on her mom. How her dad would buy her things to "shut her up" and how Darcy didn't like that. Showed that she was starting to grow up & no longer be that brat of a stuck up blotch she was.

Wasn't the best book & frankly I've read better diary books, this wasn't Emily's best writing it was rather boring & it needed more excitement. Something to keep reading it. Took way longer than it should have to read it, very dry. Way disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone.

07/18/2012 page 100
100% "After tony downloaded kindle app for his android I decided to check out some free books. Man am I the only one that wants to slap Darcy?" 6 comments
show 2 hidden updates…