Nikki Jefford's Reviews > Beguiling the Beauty

Beguiling the Beauty by Sherry Thomas

Aug 03, 2012

Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

I've been a fan of Sherry Thomas ever since I read her debut novel "Private Arrangements" and continue to read every title she releases.

I used to consider myself a lover of Georgian and Regency romance, but Sherry has managed to lure me into the Victorian period. I especially like that it's more progressive. It still throws me off to hear of divorce. I always do a double-take. Divorce? That simply isn't aloud... oh, wait.

Too things surprised me about this book. I ordered it off amazon so it wasn't till it arrived that I saw it was about half the size as her past novels. That's fine, it's just a bummer that I used to get a discount on eBooks and now it's $8 for half the size whether you buy paperback or eBook. Lame. Nothing to do with Sherry I know, but I like to bellyache.

Also, where were the dirty details? LOL

I'm excited to read the next two books in this series! Very enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beguiling the Beauty.

08/01/2012 page 118
39.0% "It's been a long time since I've read an adult romance and this is all I get:

"After that there were no more words, only heat, urgency, and pleasure upon pleasure."

Come on, Sherry, give a girl the dirty details!

- Fan since reading "Private Arrangements""
08/02/2012 page 248
82.0% "Why I got no writing done this afternoon..."