Shyleen's Reviews > The Right and the Real

The Right and the Real by Joelle Anthony

Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: july-2012
Read from July 17 to 24, 2012, read count: 1

This book was absolutely amazing to me atleast. I would say 4.5 stars is well deserved. I fell in love with so many of the characters along the way and grew to hate some. The ending was one of the most predictable, but there are some twist and turns along the way.

At the beginning of the book it basically jumped into the plot. In music we have "pick-up" notes before you jump into the first measure and this book absolutely had no pick-up notes. I feel like Jamie's dad was a very weak individual because he ate up the Right and Real's church's bullshit so easily and when he joined and disowned Jamie I was just in awe. You're marrying some chick you probably don't even love and at the same time you're abandoning your teenage daughter? Oh... Okay.. Because that makes sooooo much sense. Good job parenting.
Drinking Bleach

When she moved into the motel all hell was raised. She had to be very secretive and now that she didn't take the dumb ass pledge her and Josh couldn't date "openly". I felt the whole "dating-but-not-letting-anyone-know" gig was just horrible and I disliked Jamie for awhile because she actually went through with it. No guy could ever be that important and it could never be that serious. It just urked my nerves to the fullest especially when he hid her under those lost and found clothes. If he was my boyfriend we would've been broke up.
Annoyed

I loved most of the characters, but the plot was predictable. Good read though.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Right and the Real.