Toomy's Reviews > You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible Of Bodyweight Exercises For Men And Women

You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren

U 50x66
Jul 19, 12

This book was on amazon's recommended item list, when I ordered a pull up bar. For me personally, a 30 minutes/day, 4-5 days/week home gym routine is more realistic and achievable than a gym membership.

Before I go any further, I want to make two points clear.
1) If you say you don't want to have a body like his, you are probably lying. You won't get a body like his if you just follow his program. Why? That's for marketing. However, if you follow his program (or other similar ones), you will improve your fitness for sure.
2) This book provides you a 10-week program with a 1-2 week break in between each 10-week cycle. It is a routine, not for one-month (or whatever length) then over.

There is a lot of reviews of this books. I try not to repeat things from other reviewers. Instead, I will just express my opinion on one subject from some of the reviews I read. Some reviews mentioned some of the book's exercises use milk jar, backpack filled with book, etc, so it is not really bodyweight excises. A few of the book's exercises do need some equipment. For most exercises, the use of backpack ( milk jar etc) is to use leverage to increase the difficulty of the exercises, if you need to rank up the difficulty. let's take push-up as an example. You start from hands elevated, then flat on the floor, then with feet elevated, then maybe use backpack with feet elevated. Then you may try one arm push-up with hand elevated and so on. It would take a average Joe a long time to reach the need for backpack use, or may be never for some people.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are Your Own Gym.