Kit★'s Reviews > The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente

Mar 31, 14

bookshelves: y-a, fantasy, series-longer
Read from March 24 to 30, 2014 — I own a copy

After I read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making back in July 2012, I was just positively dying to get the sequel and anything that came after. Sadly it took me until January of this year to get my hands on a copy of this one, and then until March to actually read it. I guess I was afraid that I'd forgotten too much, that I'd be lost and confused. And maybe I was for the first few pages. But then the lyrical prose just sort of swept me up, and I was right back in Fairyland where I belonged, going on another adventure with September. I liked Fairyland-Below as well, the ways it was similar, but the differences too, the wildness and strangeness. I found myself loving shadow Ell just like I loved Ell his self in the first book. I loved the labyrinthine journey, the way the doors led to different places and you never knew just where you were going to end up. I also liked how this book had September having to grow up a bit. It was bitter at times, but worth it in the end. I need book three now! Like, right now. This instant. I just hope I don't have to wait another year plus some until I get it. The little preview of chapter one of book three in the back of this one was killer. I'm champing at the bit so hard. Still super-eager to check out some of the author's adult books too!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There.

02/04 marked as: to-read