Reading Teen's Reviews > The Grimm Legacy

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

Jul 18, 2012

From one of our Tween reviewers:

At A Glance:

This book was great! It was packed with fantasy about the Grimm Brothers Fairy tales, mystery about was the mysterious bird thing that follows the pages around, and who or what is stealing the magic from the Grimm collection, and Romance between the pages.

The Audio:

The reader was great!! Her voices sounded AMAZING!! It was by Julia Whelan. Be sure to check out the audio!

The Heroin:

Elizabeth is not your average heroin. Her family is poor and her step-sisters are off to college. Her stepmother makes her do all the chores. When she was little, she got to read the Grimm Brother's fairy tales which are very nasty, very like ours, but with a gross twist. Elizabeth was friendless and lonely. She's funny and smart, the kind of person you'd want to be around, just not the person most people at her school want to hang out with. One more thing, she has large feet.

The Heroes:

Not sure if everyone would call Marc and Aaron hero's, but I think they are. Personally, I like Aaron better, even though he's a butthead sometimes, he always comes out strong. Marc is a leader, a lover-boy, and a basketball player. Aaron is strange, untrustworthy but trustworthy at the same time, he hates Marc, and loves Anjali. Again Aaron is not your average hero and Marc is.

The Damsel in distress:

Anjali Is the Damsel in distress. She, at first glance, might be a heroin, and I thought so at first but going more into the book Anjali needed a lot of saving. Either Marc, Erin, or Elizabeth was there to rescue her.

Favorite Characters

Aaron!!! I loved Aaron!! He was a butt at times, yes, but he had good reasons. He was a hero and in the end he was awesome!! My second favorite was Anjali. Normally I HATE the damsel in distress. I hate and think is an insult to the women everywhere, but Anjali was partly a heroin and was 'kind and perfect' as the book describes her. Third was Elizabeth. She was smart and brave. She was the heroin in the story how could I NOT like her??

The Grimm Collection:

I loved the Grimm Collection!! It was full of magical items that smelled, looked, sounded, felt, and taste like magic. They are from the twelve dancing princess's shoes too Snow white's stepmother's magic mirror!

You'll Like This Book if You Like:

Magic, Romance, Mystery, and Fairy tales mixed in with reality YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!!!

Thanks!

-Reagan

Content:
Sexual Kissing: Kissing
Profanity: None
Violence: Some scary creatures
Other Notables: None
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grimm Legacy.