Inna's Reviews > Soul Kissed

Soul Kissed by Courtney Cole

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: soulmates, that-one-true-love, vampires
Read from July 18 to 19, 2012

I have to say I'm a big fan of Greek Myths and I mean accurate Greek myths not the ones where gods are caring and fluffy and well confused... or worse virgins( I'm looking at you Hades...or I guess I should say James) so anyway this book was great and actually more or less correct on the Greek mythology part.
So lets start with Empusa. This girl was amazing. She is smart, careful and knows how to behave in difficult situations. She isn't dependent on the male hero and I'm so happy that there is a book where the girl is immortal and the guy is a mortal.I mean not that I don't love the usual YA plot but this was different and I really enjoyed it. So in short the heroine is a bad-ass character.
Brennan- the love interest is totally sweet and i really liked how he supported Empusa. He also took the whole I'm a demi- god vampire speech pretty well so I give the guy props.
The plot in this was amazing. It was different and most of the time I had no idea what was going to happen next, I was actually surprised by most of the events in the book.
So if you're into soulmates and Greek myths than don't miss this book. It's definitely a must read.
You can also check out my review for this book on my blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Kissed.

07/18/2012 "Yay!! so excited to start this :)"