Rush's Reviews > Willing Victim

Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

Aug 15, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: dominate-me, romance-contemporary, talk-dirty-to-me, some-like-it-hot, guys-athletes
Read from August 23 to 24, 2012 — I own a copy

I had been waiting to read this for a while. There were several good reviews and everybody seemed to love it, but to me, it was lackluster.

There was not enough story. This had a premise that really appealed to me but did not give me what I wanted. There were holes in the story and more explanation and filler would have been nice.

I had no idea who the characters were. Wait, Flynn is a fighter and Laurel is a waitress. Now, you know as much as I do. Is it too much to ask for some more character development? It would have been nice to know what Flynn was thinking at times, too.

The sex scenes were less than "meh". They weren't dark to me. I was expecting something a little more hardcore since we got a warning and all. It didn't deliver. The best part of it all was Flynn's dirty-talking mouth.

And where was the ending? I read the last sentence, flipping the page, expecting to read more but I received nothing. I didn't have any closure.

Overall, this was a short disappointing read that could have been so much more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willing Victim.

~ Becs ~ I really felt the same way - couldn't understand why I didn't love it as much as everyone else.

Renee Nicole Even though I'm one of the ones who LOVED this story, I totally know what you mean. It would have been great to see them developed more.