Nadia's Reviews > The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life): Urban Adventure - Wilderness Survival - Disaster Preparedness

The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life) by Outdoor Life Magazine

Jul 18, 12

Read in June, 2012

The Ultimate Survival Manual by Rich Johnson

The book will come in very handy to anyone. Included are survival skills in the wilderness, disasters, and urban. The inclusion of urban interested me. I had not realized this would in a survival manual though I know survival skills for urban living.

This title is packed full of wonderful pictures and hints for rough situations. It includes an essentials list for home, work and on the road for preparedness. The manual includes many handy tips from how to filter water while lost in the wilderness, how to start a fire in the snow, to helping someone struck by lightning or dealing with downed power lines in a car, and how to throw a knife or defend yourself with keys.

This manual is full of useful information that can be used in daily life but that will better prepare many of us for those situations that we think may never happen to us, but one day do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Survival Manual (Outdoor Life).