Tracy's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Nov 27, 13

4.5 Stars

I have listened to this entire series on audiobook, and I must say that this latest addition is easily the most polished production so far. And the story is fabulous. Love, betrayal, internal conflict, violence, sacrifice, heartbreak; it's all there. Cassandra Clare keeps the excitement level sky high while still allowing each major character time to have their own troubles outside of the main plotline. The characters and their relationships are so well established, and yet Clare is still capable of surprising us. Even Sebastian—a villain perhaps even more dangerous than Valentine—had me teetering between (short-lived) sympathy and loathing. This is a dark book in many ways, but that darkness is balanced with a sharp, snarky humor and glimmers of hope. In fact, this one even has a happy ending—or at least a positive resolution—while leaving plenty of material for the next in the series. In my opinion, City of Lost Souls is the best book yet of this beloved series, and I am eagerly anticipating the (reportedly) final installment.

Full review at Book News & Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.