Tina "coffee and books"'s Reviews > Rocky Mountain Angel

Rocky Mountain Angel by Vivian Arend

Jan 25, 13

bookshelves: part-of-a-series, contemporary-romance, 2013-reading-challenge, reviewed
Read from January 09 to 10, 2013

Rocky Mountain Angel is the 4th book in the Six Pack Ranch series by Vivian Arend. This series has been hit and miss with me. A couple of the books were just alright, but this one was more than just alright. It was really, really good!

Allison Parker has to come home and she needs some help to pull it off. She’s found out, through a friend, that her mom is sick and hiding it from her kids. She has to come home to help take care of her mom without letting her know that she knows her mom’s secret. This is where it gets tricky, when she left years ago she made it clear that she would never return to her hometown to live and her mom would never believe that she just changed her mind. Being a romantic, however, she’s sure her mom would believe that she came home for a man. And she knows the perfect man to play her devoted fiancé.

Gabe Coleman seems to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders. He’s struggling to keep the family ranch from going broke all the while fighting his stubborn, angry father every step of the way. He’s got some great ideas to make the ranch thrive, but he’s going to need some professional advice, in the event that he can get his father to go along with things. When Allison shows up begging his help by pretending to be her fiancé he’s a little taken back. When she offers her free advice and help in making his plans for the ranch come true it’s a deal he can’t resist. Resisting his feelings towards Allison is a bit harder.

But the hope of forever hovered, and she was nearly ready to grasp hold of the truth.

Gabe’s father was a mean, nasty man and I really hated how he treated his family. The author tried to explain his reasons for becoming such an unhappy, miserable human being and I can sympathize, but not forgive his actions. I love how I got so emotional over this story.

This book was really sweet and heartrending. I am so happy that Miss Arend didn’t wring the emotions out of you when it came to Allison’s mom’s illness. The emotion was there, but it was in a good way. I loved how Gabe was there for Allison even when she didn’t know she needed him.

You can find this review and others at http://tinar1121.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rocky Mountain Angel.