Stacey Walter's Reviews > Die for Me

Jul 18, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: can-t-finish
Read from July 31 to September 17, 2012

This one is not for me. I still love my young adult novels but lately I have developed a kind of scale. 1 being a story where the main character is a flaky, annoying teenager and being in their head is like pulling teeth, and 5 being where the hero/heroine is such a strong well developed character that even the most far out of story lines (think 'Anna Dressed in Blood') seem believable.

This would be a 2. The main character seems so shallow and the way the book is written feels to clinical. There is a lot of 'I feel this...', 'he did this', and somehow it doesn't seem to translate for me. I can't feel the things she does.

But that's just my opinion. I hate giving bad reviews because I know that a lot of blood sweat and tears go into writing a book. I am sure there are many people who will love this story... I just find that I'm growing out of the lower scale (in my terms) of this genre - kind of makes me sad because its not as easy to find books that I really, really love anymore. But I do tend to go through phases so maybe one day I'll come back to this and love it :P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die for Me.

08/05/2012

Stacey Walter Jut can't seem to fnish this one... I hate being in a flaky teenage girls head. I used to be able to read pretty much anything but lately I just can't get myself to read the young adult novels that have flaky characters or being in a girls head that falls in love in 3 seconds flat.