Sarah Hayes's Reviews > 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 5 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 5]

美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 5 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 5] by Naoko Takeuchi

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: manga-lns-misc
Read in July, 2012

First things first: I got one of those crappily edited volumes from Kodansha USA with the smudging and heavy printing, but I don't have my receipt so good luck returning it for me. Seriously, where the hell is the quality control that such obvious errors can slip under the radar? JFC.

Complaints about printing aside, this is easily the strongest volume of the series so far as it brings the dramatic conclusion to the 'R' story arc. Yes, a few plot threads are wrapped up almost too nicely at the end, but this is a mahou shojo manga after all. But this is a volume about Usagi's strength and Chibiusa's growth, and in the end these two ideas work together to bring down the Death Phantom (err, 'Wiseman' to dub fans) and save the Earth from a toxic death.

Warning: Scenes with Dark!Chibiusa and Brainwashed!Mamoru can get quite questionable at times, so if you're triggered by incest, feel free to skip those panels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版 5 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Shinsōban 5].