Nicole D.'s Reviews > Battlefield

Battlefield by J.F. Jenkins

Aug 10, 12

Read from July 18 to 24, 2012

Battlefield is a highly imaginative story which follows the story of three teenagers who are gifted magical abilities and the alien who has been assigned to guide them towards their mission which is of great significance to the alien race. This story would easily appeal to tweens. I mean, who wouldn’t want super powers? Orlando was my favorite of the three teenagers that make up the main group of this story. He is brooding, intelligent, and misunderstood and his relationship with his sister reminded me of Jenna Sommers’ relationship with Elena and Jeremy from the Vampire Diaries.

Alan is the teens’ alien, who happens to be a hottie. He is clueless as to some Earth customs and I think as clueless when it comes to the intentions of his superiors and his girlfriend, who happens to be fighting for the enemy. The relationship between Alan and his girlfriend is more complex than the puppy love seen between the teenagers and would give Mom or Dad something to enjoy if they read this book along with their child.

For a book that deals with the intense subject of intergalactic war, J.F. Jenkins manages to pull off the story in a light-hearted manner which is both appropriate and entertaining for a young adult audience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Battlefield.