Sarah's Reviews > Sabriel

Sabriel by Garth Nix

Mar 17, 2009

did not like it
Recommended for: trash cans

piece of trash. dont even bother starting this, i was bored the whole time. Its totally weird and what the heck. i never really got what they were doing and why they were doing it. I never got what the bad guys were. This book is confusing and so boring you dont even want to try to figure out whats going on. Dont waste your time on this, you have better things to do like hitting your head agaisnt the wall.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabriel.

02/17 marked as: read

Ginny whoa... this conversation came ALIVE!
As for Twilight...If Edward won't sparkle (literally) for us, then who would? It's like his job.

Viola And abusiveness. Abusive, sparkly, fake vampire: I give you Edward Cullen.

Tiffany Vincent What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm... the bad guy?

Viola "Vegetarian" indeed. I can't help but imagine them drinking blood from tofu whenever I hear that.

Tiffany Vincent You mean he doesn't?

Viola Because I can't hear the tone of your voice, I'm just going to have to assume that's not sarcasm.

No. The vampires-the "good" ones-only drink from animals, not humans, thereby becoming "vegetarian."

*sparklesparkletofumagic*

Tiffany Vincent Geez, I think it'd be more appropriate to say, "Because I can't hear the tone of your voice, I'm just going to have to assume that it IS sarcasm."

Psshaw...bring on the blood-flavored tofu!

Viola Heh.

Tiffany Vincent Okay, enough about Toilight. What are you thinking of Sabriel Viola?

Viola I really liked it up until Touchstone. They're out of the hole and at the village now. I'm still going to finish it, I just hope it picks back up soon. Spoiler warning: I was pretty pissed when the Papercraft crashed after only one flight. That thing was friggin sweet. But I like Mogget and Sabriel and the story's not bad-Nix is always fun. Have you read the Keys to the Kingdom series?

Tiffany Vincent I never did read the Keys series -- keep with Sabriel, it heats up. You definitely have to read the whole trilogy before you pass final judgment.

The paperwing is a neat bit of magic. ;-)

Viola Understood. I shall continue.

Did you get the package by the way? Call when you do. Or before then.

message 63: by Emily (new)

Emily Seriously just look at the post there is nothing even relating to anything that would make me believe this person read this. This should be completely discredited. They did not read the book. They were just being general, and trying to be annoying to start something. I'm looking to read this book and am not even taking this review into consideration.

message 64: by Sarah (last edited Jun 04, 2010 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Are you serious? Man, why does everybody hate me on here? Look, I did read the book, I didn't like it and I then registered my opinion on here. I'm sorry if you didn't like my review or thought it was stupid, but that is how I felt about the book. I could list a whole bunch of details from the story to prove I did read it, but seriously, you could get those anywhere and its been such a long time since I've read it that I don't remember much. I wasn't trying to start anything, I didn't even think anyone would read my review besides Natasha. Its fine if you want to read Sabriel and ignore my review, thats your decision, I don't really care, but there's no need to comment on here just to insult me.

message 65: by Khan (new) - added it

Khan This review is the reason why I signed in. It's so funny I couldn't believe it!

Well, I will refrain from quoting Harry Callahan on opinions, because I have to actually thank you for your "effort" and getting me here in the first place.

Haven't read the book yet, but since I read Lirael and liked it (except for Sameth) I will read this one as well before I tackle 'Abhorsen'.

message 66: by Charlie (new)

Charlie if your intelligence is too low to understand the simple concepts portrayed in this book, then you shouldn't comment. amazing book indeed

Simeon Most boring argument ever. I can't believe you all just forgave each other. This thread does not deliver.

message 68: by Sarah (last edited Aug 31, 2010 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Sarah Ya well, if you missed the fist fight we had I guess it does sound a little boring. But all that matters is that we are at peace now and there's only another couple of weeks before the cast comes off. :)

Stephanie sabriel > twilight

Morgan Looking at your website it looks like you were very young when reading this book.. You probably just weren't smart enough at the time to understand the book (at least I hope, ff)

Also agreeing with Stephanie there, haha.

message 71: by S.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.R. Wemyss You sound just like one of my friends...in fact, someone told her she should read it and she couldn't even get past the first chapter--she absolutly HATED it...so I read it just to make her mad and I personally ended up LOVING it.

Mustafa Ahmad I hated this book. Thank you, sister. I felt the EXACT same way.

message 73: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Wang Sarah, you are the greatest troll ever on GR [compliment!].

Kenny … poor sweet Kenny in shining misguided armor … WHOOOOOOSH!

Marlyn Viola, absolutely. I have been reading on, completely riveted. at first I thought it was a joke, then I was completely sure someone was pulling my leg...the texter. Simply because Twilight came into the picture and there is no way anyone with two brain cells would call that a good book. Nor would anyone think sparkles are cool. Now, I'm thinking they're all very serious... by the way, I really loved Sabriel. Thought it was well thought out, and brilliantly executed. With just the right amount of creepiness, and a kick butt heroine.

message 75: by Noy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noy Friedman This thread...

« previous 1 2 next »