Juls's Reviews > Blood Debt

Blood Debt by Nancy Straight

Nov 21, 12

bookshelves: favorites, paranormal
Read on August 05, 2012

I cannot thank Nancy Straight, the author of this amazing book, for allowing me to review it. From the moment I read the first word until the last I was completely and utterly hooked. I loved every moment of it. I could feel the sadness from Cami's loss of her mother to the excitement of finding her father William and the love that grows every day for Drake.

Cami is fighting a uphill battle. Ever since she met her father her world has turned upside down. She is told she is a being with unknown powers. A Centauride. A female Centaur. Yes, as in the half man half horse.

Cami thinks all her new family need to be sent off to the loony bin or maybe herself for actually starting to believe it. It isn’t long before she realizes that they are not joking and her mother left a lot to be desired. Cami’s mother’s past is revealed showing how horrible her life was before she ran away and how deranged her grandmother is.

Only 20% of the Centaur are female and so every eligible Centaur from the age of 18-29 want to meet her. Centaur men are no longer a “good” catch after the age of 30 and have to settle for humans, which is not favored.

Gretchen, Cami’s stepmother, wants to bring Cami’s power to light. For almost a week they work together to see what her powers are. During this time one of her five brothers, Bruce, gets married. Centaur are very old fashion. Dates are not permitted unless you have an escort and you do not date unless you a betrothed.

During the nuptials she literally stumbles upon Drake. He saved her on multiple occasions even though its not his right. But the moment he laid eyes on Cami he knew she was supposed to belong to him. Too bad he is engaged and its to the woman who will eventually become Cami's best friend.

Honestly I could go on about this book and really I’ve only touch the tip of the iceberg but all I have to say is you HAVE to read it!!! Its truly AMAZING! You won’t be disappointed.

Book 2, Blood Ties cant come out fast enough! is it December yet?????

I highly recommend this to EVERYONE!!!!

see all my reviews at www.upallnightreviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Debt.

08/05/2012
64.0% "I think Daniel is way more than what he is to cami"