Juls's Reviews > A Strange Fire

A Strange Fire by L.H. Cosway

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, ya
Read on July 30, 2012

A Strange Fire was somewhat predictable yet had lots of surprises. Flo was very shy and starting a new school has only made her stutter seem worse than it really is. She is a very unique girl. She can see aura’s. She can see the good the bad and the ugly in everyone. It is a lot for a teenager to take on but she’s had this gift all her life and manages really well.
Flo’s dad, who is constantly in a drug induced haze, has left her with her grandmother. She seems nice enough and unlike Flo’s dad she treats Flo like a person.

Flo knows there something different about the small town of Chesterport especially the group of boys that have a fiery aura about them. They are the only people she cant read. One of the boys, Frank, has taken an instant liking to her. He is drawn to her and with their closeness things are revealed that makes her question what is reality. She is soon thrown into a world where all beings in your nightmares are real and she is fighting something she cant see.

I’m going to sound totally wussy for saying this but one of my fears is witches and of course that’s who the “bad” guys are in this book. But even though I was kinda freaked out I couldn’t put this book down. Not only is Flo fighting every day trials of being a teenager but now she is fighting to save a friend from a supernatural being.

Great read and I highly recommend!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Strange Fire.