Mandi's Reviews > Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by David Levithan

Jul 18, 12

Read in June, 2012

This is the second book I have read by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and I plan on reading more (next up: Dash And Lily's Book Of Dares). I loved the story and totally feel in the love with Ely's character, but I wasn't crazy about Gabriel. I think anyone with a true bestfriend can relate to this, and it will give hope to anyone who has not yet found there specail person, whether it be a bestfriend or something more. On page 223 Ely says " There's no such thing as a soulmate" and I dissagree with that. I believe we have soulmateS. I believe we can have different soul mates throughout our life as we change and grow. However I really like when he says " It's bullshit to think of friendship and romance as being different. They're not. They're just variations of the same love. Variations of the same desire to be close" Page 224. That is definitely true.
"We always see our worst selves. Our most vulnerable selves. We need someone else to get close enough to tell us we're wrong. Someone we trust." Page 227
"It's a total lie to say there's only one person you're going to be with for the rest of your life. If you're lucky-- and if you try really hard-- there will always be more than one" Pgae 230

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List.