Sam's Reviews > The Blessed

The Blessed by Tonya Hurley

The Blessed is a very intriguing and slightly creepy YA novel, that will definitely appeal to some teens.

The Blessed is about three girls, Lucy, Cecelia and Agnes, who all end up in the emergency room at the hospital. Lucy, the party girl; Cecelia, the musician; and Agnes, the girl with a big heart. They're all running away and leaving their lives behind. They meet Sebastian, a hot and mysterious guy who seems to bring each of the girls what they long for. But can they trust him?

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. I found the plot a little too complicated to understand and the characters very hard to connect with. When I was about 60 pages in, I didn't know who any of the characters were, what was actually happening or WHY it was happening. I didn't even understand the plot.

I think the book was paced too fast and I would have liked more explanations, and less description of what the characters were wearing. I really, really tried with this book but there was just nothing that held my attention. The characters could have all died and I wouldn't have cared.

Lucy, Cecelia and Agnes? I couldn't stand Lucy; she was self-centered and careless. I couldn't connect with her character at all. As for Cecelia and Agnes, I found them bearable. Cecelia is very passionate about her music, something I can connect with, and Agnes had the kindest of personalities, which made it very hard to not like her.

Overall, The Blessed is not my kind of book but I would recommend it to anyone who wants a spooky and thought-provoking read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blessed.

07/26/2012 page 57
13.0% "This is a verrryyy strange story."
07/26/2012 page 107
25.0% "Wtf is happening?!"
07/27/2012 page 249
58.0% "GO BURN."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Addie R. (new)

Addie R. Man,I was hoping this would be good:P

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam The cover is awesome but the book itself didn't do it for me.