Eileen's Reviews > The Promise of Love

The Promise of Love by Lori Foster

Jul 18, 12

Read in July, 2012

I picked up this book when I was at RAW last year and met a few of the authors at the event. I thought what better way to get to read some of their works all in one book. Lori Foster and Sylvia Day I had before but not the others. I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the other authors and I'm interested in reading more from them.
My favorite happened to be Kate Douglas' Dime Store Cowboy. I read the story "Cowboy in my Pocket" before the short story so I got the backstory. I'm happy that Mark got his HEA with Betsy Mae. Being a romance editor has its benefits and I'm glad that he used them for good with her. LOL
Jamie Denton's "Midnight Rendezvous" was another tender story for both Maya Pomeroy and Burnett Dupree. Maya has scars from her reconstructive surgeries and lives a solitude life in the dark. Swimming at night gives her time to exercise but what she didn't know was that she had a peeping Tom of a tenant. Glad to see that they gave each other company both trying to heal. Lovely story.
Sylvia Day's story "Razor's Edge" was definitely the racier one of them all. A lot can happen in 2 short years to anyone when they find that they have to grow and depend on themselves. Rachel knew who she was after becoming a widow and she knew Jack was what she wanted now. Her seduction of Jack was probably more than she expected but she stood up and got him in the end. A wonderful writer.
Lori Foster's "Shelter from the Storm" was wonderfully written. She is probably one of the best romance writers out there. Friends to lovers stories are one of my favorites.
Kathy Love's story "Life in the Past Lane" was delightful. Rocco returned to his hometown for his 15 year HS reunion reluctantly but his boss wanted a story for his NY column. Its funny when you look back with a new perspective what you missed. Meeting Franny, owner of the B&B and reunion organizer, he definitely saw things in a new light.
Erin McCarthy's "Take Me Home" was...hard to put my finger on it. Travis has a big heart and must really love Sara to take her for his own. I don't think I would be all that accepting.
I normally don't read anthologies but I would definitely recommend this for short, sweet stories you can read one right before hitting the hay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Promise of Love.