Laura's Reviews > Always Been Mine

Always Been Mine by Elizabeth Reyes

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-read, booksirecommend, chicklit, cute-romance, ebooks, mature-young-adult
Read from July 18 to 19, 2012

I think this one is my favorite. I loved Alex in FOREVER MINE. And his story with Valerie Zuniga was just told so well. Elizabeth Reyes is a great storyteller and can write emotions so well, it's amazing. The Moreno Brothers' are a great set of guys with some demons, but they love with all their heart and can get really caught up in a relationship, even when they don't want one. I really liked that this story takes place about three years after the first book. So they're all adults in their 20s.

Alex and Valerie's relationship was one built on lust and sex and then not seeing each other for a while. Once she graduated high school and went to college, they started seeing each other a bit more. Although they never said to each other they were exclusive it seemed that way. Until Alex pulls his not calling routine for a while and Valerie is sure that he's shacking up with some random woman. When she stops by his house to confront him after seeing a leggy woman enter his house, she's livid and she finally breaks everything off with Alex.

Flash forward to a year later, Angel and Sarah are getting married, Valerie is maid of honor and when she has to attend the bridal shower, knowing that Alex will be there, she does everything can to avoid him at all costs. However, Alex has other plans. And after kissing her so passionately at the shower, Valerie knows she's done. She's his and he's hers. However, a stalker has other plans for Valerie and her co-worker Luke makes his intentions quite known as well too.

Alex finally realized that what he feels for Val is love. Epic love and he'll do anything he can to save her.

Alex was awesome. I got a bit pissed at Romero for constantly tattling on Val. (R runs a security service) and Alex has hired his services to protect Val, but at times it seem more like spying on her every move. But Val has issues with being upfront with Alex. She tries to keep her heart secure and knows that the more she opens it up to Alex, sometimes he fucks up and she gets hurt.

I highly HIGHLY recommend. Love this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Been Mine.