Gogo Asher's Reviews > Last Breath

Last Breath by Rachel Caine

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: vampire, young-adults-worth-reading
Read on July 18, 2012

I like the series seing Claire going from an uncertain girl and growing to become a strong independent person. Though Caine in her writing keeps hitting a big pet peeve: writing books like they are a soap opera. A book should have a plot that starts and finishes but has threads for a next book to have something to go on. In Caine's books there is a climax but that is where it ends. There is no clear storyline that ends. She starts a story and then start fighting the bad guy then boom book is over. Is this a fad in books now. Cause it is a bad one. I finish a book without feeling I got anywhere and lack of satisfaction.

So to go on that, here is the story. Claire is working with the vampires. She figures something is up. The Vampires know something bad is going on but they don't let the humans know cause they are only worried about their agenda. Amelia crosses the line. Claire gets rescued. Then they rescue their friends. They chase the vampires to get them to do their part. They start fighting the bad guy. They get half way through defeating him. Boom book is over.

Oh, I do love this book if you can't tell. Just hate where Ms Rachel Caine thinks what is a "logical" ending point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Breath.

Quotes Gogo Liked

Rachel Caine
“I'm insane, not forgetful.”
Rachel Caine, Last Breath