Sara's Reviews > Lies and Omissions

Lies and Omissions by Francine Pascal

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: 2012, adult-fiction, novellas
Read on July 17, 2012

The second installment of the Sweet Life e-serial was every bit as awesome as the first! And, just as the pre-release buzz promised, the end left me breathlessly wanting me. I need the next part to be out NOW - I can't wait another week!

More characters from Sweet Valley High return in this installment, namely Annie Whitman, and both Steve Wakefield and Aaron Dallas make longer appearances than they did in the first book. Todd's still a complete moron and has yet to punch people like he did in high school, but I can only hope that later installments feature this.

Mainly, I'm just loving the continuity in this series with regards to the Sweet Valley High series. The twins' gold lavaliere is mentioned (they're still wearing them!), Bruce being a jerk in high school is mentioned, Liz meddles like there's no tomorrow and becomes everyone's confidant, and Lila and Jessica are scheming as usual. I especially loved a scene where Lila and Jessica are trying to talk to each other about their problems but are both so self-involved that they're talking past each other, not with each other. And of course there's an awesome note that Steven's greatest fear is having his daughter turn out as spoiled as Jessica.

My only complaint is that this was too short! I know it's a novella, but still... I want more! I suppose I could also complain that the drama is ridiculous, but why would I do that when it kept me glued to the pages?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies and Omissions.