Katrina Ly's Reviews > There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Jul 18, 12

This is a very interesting and poignant book dealing with very serious and very real issues that are apparent today. It realistically portrays the problems that can be caused by grief and trauma and over-obsession and etc. You'll understand when you read it.

This books starts off very normal, telling a tale of a very realistic, down-to-earth kind of girl who was still grief-stricken by her brothers death but then meets a guy (which she obviously falls her eventually and hated at the start) who just happens to be an arrogant actor too. The book then gets more serious shedding off brekkets layers unit finally he is shown as he truly is and not how the media portrays him. At first glance this book is just another cliched tale of a boy-girl romance which starts out seething with hate but then ends with a kiss, yet it is not. It is soooo much more.

SPOILER ALERT

Like the matter of finleys eating disorder and obsessive behavior. Even though that was messed up, it was very realistic and because of this I find that I cannot fault that particular part of the story. Even though I hated reading about it. And even though I purposely try very hard to avoid these kinds of books because they're too messed up and complicated for my taste. I have to praise this book though. Because it was just so damn good and so poignant.

I feel sorry for the old lady. She never heard her sister's forgiveness. :(

SPOILER FINISHED

Note to reader- This book is not for the faint-hearted. There will be some tough, hard parts to read. But if you bear with it and give this book a chance, i'm sure you'll come to like and enjoy thinking about the deep meaning and messages that are in it. At first I didn't like this book. Now though, after thinking a bit more about it, I've come to like it.

This is very good book. Read it. It might change your life. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.