Lexi's Reviews > Fifty Shades Trilogy

Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James

Jul 18, 12

redundant. That's one word to describe this book. I'm sorry, I felt like I was reading the twilight saga all over again, but with the bonus gray description of kinky sex. no pun intended. I wondered how this book, this trilogy, became the top of the NY bestsellers. Oh wait, Twilight was at the top for awhile.

And is it just me, or did antagonist and grey dilemma in the third book seem like the end of Dexter season 1?

Okay with that over and done with. I have to review this series. I have to admit, the story line and characters was well thought out (trying to put aside the likeness of Twilight). Though, I have to say that the lack of words used to describe many recurring scenes (mostly her thoughts before sex) made it feel bland and repetitive. The use of 'mutters' and 'mumbled' consistently throughout the whole series was revolting. People don't 'whisper' or 'mutters' all the time. I also like to add about the British dialect. I keep thinking they speak in an accent.

I read some of the reviews and I feel like some people are disgusted by the lifestyle choices made in the book, particularly about BDSM or something like that. I am fine with that and it never bothered me. It is actually a real lifestyle choice, so please consider that when you read this book. I only believed the way it was written felt utterly dull.

Overall, like the storyline, but no so much for the writing style. I hate to include twilight once more, but if I didn't read twilight, I might give this series a 3 or 3 1/2 stars. At least I know what the book is about, and usually curiosity helps me finish the whole series. Always wondering how the story gets from point A to point Z.

*Another note. When Ana calls him fifty, I keep thinking of the rapper 50 cent. That's just me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Trilogy.