Julie's Reviews > The First Part Last

The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: english-356

** spoiler alert ** The context of this story was actually very intersting...but not interesting enough, that I read it through in one sitting. Could I have? Probably. Did I? Not in the least. I must have stopped three to four times before picking it back up from where I left off. I was delighted (and saddened) when I was thrown for a loop at the end of the book. I thought I had the book figured out and then wham, what do you know? The author threw a curveball. Being a teenage Dad must be hard, and it was refreshing reading it from the male point of view instead of a teenage Mom. Will I ever read it again? Most likely...not. It was okay, not great.

Warnings:
Sex- The implication that the main character and his girlfriend had sex at some points is evident in the pregnancy.
Drugs/Alcohol - I don't believe there was any in this book....if there was alchohol it was probably at a party.
Violence - None except the mentionings of Feather's assult on her mother's insides during the pregnancy.
Language - Possibly a couple words, but I'm not sure as I tend to skip over them habitually.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Part Last.