Maddux's Reviews > Avenger's Angel

Avenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: angels-with-attitudes, contemporary-romance, paranormal
Read from July 18 to 20, 2012

I enjoyed this book from cover to cover. I don't usually enjoy angel romance, but there was something about this that kicked it into the LIKE gear for me.

Initial impressions:

Cons
• Don't care for the cover model. - Like that really matters, but, whatever. He looks like one of the dudes from the wolfpack in Twilight.

• The storytelling is a bit repetitive at times - it's like the author thinks we can't remember these little bits and pieces that were just relayed on previous pages. - While the effort is appreciated, I don't really need all the repetition.

Pros
• This author does write a good story. I'm not a huge fan of Angel PNR, but this is pretty good.

• Lots of action, some comedy, killer heroes that are lovable.

Hm. So the cons aren't that bad, and the pros are pretty good! I suppose one more con I could add is that I didn't think Uriel and Ellie had enough time to get to know one another to really form that bond of, well, any kind of relationship. 98% of the book took place within one week, so, I guess that's the reason why they didn't get more time together.

There was always some shit happening - someone always trying to get at Ellie. And, damn. Hot men being thrown at her from every angle. And I mean haawt. And not even men - they were like... supercharged prototype archangels. That were hawt. And powerful. And hot.

Looking forward to the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avenger's Angel.

07/18/2012
5.0% "“You have to memorize a script to act, and the movie you starred in was also turned into a book, so I assume that you can read.”

Uriel’s eyes flew open to find a woman and a little girl standing a few feet away, beside the door of the first stall.

“I was obviously wrong,” she continued. “Because you’ve mistaken the women’s restroom for the ridiculously famous sex symbol restroom—which is next door.”"
07/18/2012
15.0% "Those incriminating dog-eared pages!"
07/18/2012
30.0% "“Prove it.” She folded her arms over her chest and waited patiently.
...
“Christ,” Gabriel swore, shooting Uriel a dirty look. “If my archess wants you to dance the bloody jig, you’d better sodding well do it,” he told him flatly."
07/18/2012
39.0% ""It's Sherlock Holmes, the bloody undead," Gabriel muttered, his eyes wide."
07/19/2012
50.0% "I find myself really enjoying this book."