Jessica Dillon 's Reviews > Tomorrow, When the War Began

Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden

I listened to this Audio CD (my very first one) on the very long 8 hour drive to Esperance. I have never experienced reading a book by listening to it and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I already knew alot of what would happen (as I had already seen the movie). I never watch a movie before I have read the book, so this was a new thing for me as well. I was happy to know that the book was alot more detailed and I enjoyed it even more than the movie (although I still think they did an incredible job of acting it out!! Homer is by far my favourite character. I found a deeper connection to Ellie through the story. She was so honest and open and a great thinker, it was very easy to get drawn into the 7 and a half hour story line. Bits never felt slow to me, it had a great pace, tonnes of action and lots of love stories weaved in too. My only distaste was that I just cant seem to like her boyfriend. He is boring and lame LOL :P I will definately be buying more audio books in the future and reading the rest of this series ASAP as well as reading the Ellie Chronicals too!!! 5 stars from me. John Marsden is a very talented Australian author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomorrow, When the War Began.