P.M.'s Reviews > A Hero For WondLa

A Hero For WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi

Jul 18, 12

Read in July, 2012

Book 1 ends when Eva Nine and Rovender Kitt are picked up by Hailey Turner in the "Bijou." All Eva has ever wanted is to find others like herself. Hailey ferries her to New Attica, a sealed city run by Cadmus Pryde. But what Eva finds is a city based on lies and secrets. When she is found by Eva Eight outside after curfew, Nine decides that what she wanted is not what she got. She rescues Hailey and Rovee, both of whom are due for some of Cadmus' medical experiments. Along the way, she also rescues two other aliens, Nadeau and Huxley. Eva also finds out that Earth had once been a barren planet until an alien generator had reterraformed it. Now Eva must foil Cadmus' plan to steal the generator and kill or enslave the aliens. I liked this book a lot except for the fact that Otto was not in it much. I liked how Eva Nine has matured in her search for the meaning of friendship and family. I thought Rovee was hiding some secrets that were revealed here as well. Now I suppose there will be a year long wait for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hero For WondLa.