Alex 's Reviews > Blood Cross

Blood Cross by Faith Hunter

Jul 21, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, favorites, reviewed
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

This second book in the Jane Yellowrock series was not as great as the first one for me, mainly because Jane's love interest didn't turn out to be the one I preferred. However, the story, the writing and the dialogue were still great.

I was disappointed because the love scene with Jane's choice of bed buddy was not detailed at all, just one sentence near the end.

Hosted by

Oh well, maybe the author is saving the juicy stuff for when Jane comes back to her senses and chooses (view spoiler) *grin* *love sigh*, regardless of the fact that he's tried to kill her two or three times.

The character of Angelina, Molly's little witch daughter was not quite believable for me. I mean, the kid had way too much power and practically (view spoiler). Will she become a Goddess when she turns 18?? Way to much power for a little girl.

I'm starting the third installment though, just to see if (view spoiler) has a bigger (more romantic) role in Jane's life.

I'm not worried about the author's writing style getting worse (as I've experienced with other writers in their second or third installments). Faith Hunter is a wonderful story-teller and character-builder. I loved her new spin on Judas and the birth of vampires.

I'll take away one star, to show my disapproval of (view spoiler). I really hate the guy.
6 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Cross.

07/20/2012 "Leo, baby!"