Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > The Leopard

The Leopard by Jo Nesbø

F_50x66
Jul 18, 12

Read in July, 2012

The Leopard, by Jo Nesbo, b-plus, Narrated by Robin Sachs, Produced by Random House Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

This is the latest in the Norwegian Detective Harry Hole series. After his last case, he was so devastated that he left the country completely never to return, he said. He went to Hong Kong and buried himself in horse racing and opium dens and other dissolute habits. But then a woman from the Crime Squad in Norway shows up to try to convince him to come home. They believe they have a serial killer on the loose and no one can catch serial killers as well as Harry. But what wins them Harry’s return is that his father is dying. He comes home to learn that two young women in Oslo have been murdered in a similar and totally weird way. They have been cut with knives and then glued with superglue to the bottom of the shower and they bleed out, or drown in their own blood. Pretty soon there are a few more murders, and Harry and the woman who brought him back, Kaia, have found a slim connection between all the victims. They all stayed overnight at a skiing lodge on one night. The tortures used in this book are particularly violent, and Harry is bound and determined to leave again after this case is completed. I actually didn’t like this one as well as I’ve liked some others. So much gratuitous violence, and Harry seems much more sunk into himself and his own depression. I wonder if Nesbo will have him return again, or if we can finally leave Harry, and those who love him, in peace by having him not return to Norway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leopard.