Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read from July 22 to 23, 2012

Breathe is one of those stories who has that super typical plot. It captures the story of Jax Stone who is a teen heart-throb/rock-star and Sadie, who is hired as one of his house helper and Bam! They fall in love. You see, I get to write the plot of the story in a single sentence.

Every aspect of the book was very simple for me and it worked good and not that good for me. Its good for a fact that you could easily live within it and its very light and easy to read but the not so good thing about this is that there is this typical-overused flow of things that would happen and it goes like meeting-falling in love-complication-separate-the girl/boy comes to senses-makes up & happy ever after. It's not that I don’t like this flow for a story but it’s just that I was kind of expecting something more. This flow of the story was way too predictable for me and I'm really the type of reader who wants to get that thrill and stuff. But despite of the simplicity of the story, a conflict is definitely there on the story. It has those moments when you want to just scream out the top of your lungs, or throw something and also has the overly swooning moments of course! ;)

Even with the roller coaster ride of emotions that you could get from the characters of this book, I could say that the end definitely suites me and it was very much worth it (Though I had that gut feel since the beginning that things will end in that manner. lol). Cute, simple and straightforward story. Very Abbi Glines's. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.

Quotes Karla (Reads and Thoughts) Liked

Abbi Glines
“If hearts could shatter, mine just did.”

Abbi Glines
“He seems like a man who knows what he wants, and the problem is he wants what I want.”

Abbi Glines
“I perfected the art of being uninteresting.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Abegail Topado This is a light read :)

Karla (Reads and Thoughts) I'm really looking forward in reading this. I've been having an eye for this one for awhile now. Yay! Abbi Glines' novels are exciting. :)

Abegail Topado I only read this one of Abbi Glines'. I'll try some of them when hell weeks are over :D

Abegail Topado Oh yeah? I will :)