Carly's Reviews > Crusher

6311986
Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: for-review, favourites
Read from July 29 to 30, 2012

Can I just start off by saying Wow! I was addicted to this from the first chapter, I was like a zombie all day and it pained me to put the book down to make the dinner, the same night I stayed up well into the wee hours just to finish this fantastic book. And what a page turner it is, I really won't be able to praise it enough. Niall Leonard's writing style is spot on and his characters are really well developed. The best thing about the book for me has to be main character, Finn Maguire, he is down-to-earth, brave, brutally honest, raw as ropes and I think weirdly I am in love with him, just a little bit, lol. The storyline is compelling, peppered with so many twists and turns you will question everything and has an amazingly explosive ending that you will not be expecting. Crusher is a fabulous debut from Niall Leonard that is definitely not to be missed!

Finn Maguire is just your regular drop out of school kinda guy, he holds down a horrible job in a greasy fast food joint in London, he lives with his drunken step-dad who was once an actor but now spends his days writing what he thinks will bean epic new T.V. show. When Finn finds his dad murdered when he comes home from work his life takes another downward turn.

Finn is thrown into the spotlight as the prime suspect in his own fathers murder! With no other way to turn he puts all his efforts into finding his fathers murderer on his own. With danger at every turn he digs deep into the dangerous London underground and finds himself in some tough situations. But Finn will find out the hard way that you really can't trust anyone in this cruel life!

The ending is action packed and as I said before a total shocker that you will not see coming. All that's left for me to do is urge you to pick up this explosively addictive book today! I will definitely be looking out for more works from the author in the future.

4.5/5 Stars

*Special thanks to Doubleday for the review copy*

Carly :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crusher.

07/29/2012 page 70