Anne Nikoline's Reviews > Harry Potter: The Prequel

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: ebook, magic, read-2012, read-2011, short-stories-and-novellas, fiction
Recommended to Anne Nikoline by: J.K. Rowling
Recommended for: any potter fans
Read on July 18, 2012

So apparently J.K Rowling was working on writing a prequel to the Harry Potter series but only she was not. If I did not know that this was suppose to be a scene from the prequel I would not have liked it to be called a prequel but instead something like 'random scene.'

That said I thought it was great to get a sneak peak into James and Sirius' friendship and traits. They are must similar to the Weasley twins which made my heart ache a little, however, I thought the descriptions were just perfect. The thought of James and Sirius being rebellious teenagers fitted perfectly. The example below shows it all:

“We’d have loved to stop for a chat,” said the boy in glasses,”only we were trying-” “Don’t get smart-you two are in a heap of trouble!” snarled Anderson. “Names!” “Names?” repeated the long-haired driver.”Er-Well, let’s see. There’s Wilberforce…Bathsheba…Elvendork…” “And what’s nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy OR a girl,” said the boy in glasses.

Seriously, what is not to like? I only wished J. K. Rowling would finish the prequel about James, Sirius, Lily and all the others. Pretty much anything Rowling could write about her magical universe would make my heart flutter. Even if she wrote a toilet scene of one of her characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter.