Kerry's Reviews > Who is the Doctor: The Unofficial Guide to Doctor Who: The New Series

Who is the Doctor by Graeme Burk

Jul 21, 12

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, 7, library, media, non-fiction
Read from July 14 to 21, 2012

So if I'm completely honest, I technically didn't finish this one. I got about 30 pages from the end and had to return it to the library. I'm going to put myself back on the hold list and I'll finish it when I get it back. However, it was so close I'm happy to call it read.

I kind of took a pause, because we got to the final season (season 6) of the new series and that's the one I'm most emotionally involved with. So while I recognise issues with the episodes, I kind of took a breather from the writers' opinions (which were generally positive and certainly reasonable) and suddenly found the book had to go back or I'd be paying fines.

That's okay. I really enjoyed the book as far as I read it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy those last few pages as well. The trivia was fun, I liked that this was about the episodes and the writers' reactions to them rather than an episode guide with great details about what happened.

And finally, I've got all the pieces together about why Elizabeth I was so ticked off with the Doctor. I'd never quite put it together before, leaving it a mystery.

A fun book, especially for any new series Doctor Who fan. Recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who is the Doctor.