Rebecca Crull's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Aug 19, 12

bookshelves: my-personal-favorites, read-in-2012, mind-blowing-awesome-reads, my-books, author-colleen-hoover
Read from August 05 to 07, 2012, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** Best book that I have read in a long time!!! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book! I laughed, I cried, it was just really good! This book was SO good, I think that I am going to reread it now. I NEVER do that! :-)

My favorite parts I don't want to forget: (which I will be adding to)
-Eddie's 18th birthday
-Lake "losing it" and having a melt down on the floor of Will's house with the recipe cards
-Gavin's Slam to Eddie (Pre Proposal)
-not wanting to move on from "carving pumpkins"
-basagna = bad news
-cancerous lungs Halloween costume
-Snowman murder scene

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

Colleen Hoover
“There are three questions every woman should be able to answer yes to before they commit to a man. If you answer no to any of the three questions, run like hell."
[...]
"Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you've found a good man.”

Colleen Hoover
“If I live the life I'm given, I won't be scared to die.”

Colleen Hoover
“respect the hand that I was dealt. And to be grateful I was even dealt a hand.”

Colleen Hoover
“Always remember there is nothing worth sharing, like the love that let us share our name.”

Colleen Hoover
“Never judge others. You both know good and well how unexpected events can change who a person is. Always keep that in mind. You never know what someone else is experiencing within their own life.”

“Imperfections define perfection”

Colleen Hoover
“God Layken. How do you do it? she says. She blows her nose and grabs another tissue out of the box. How do I do what? I sniff as I continue to wipe the tears from my eyes. How do you not fall in love with him? The tears begin flowing just as quickly as they had ceased. I grab yet another tissue. I don't not fall in love with him. I don't not fall in love with him a lot!”

08/05/2012
40.0% "Wow! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! :-)"