Cheeky_Monkey's Reviews > Swim the Fly

Swim the Fly by Don Calame

U_50x66
Jul 17, 12

Now here's a book guys don't want you to read! Raunchy, hilarious, sharp, and did I say raunchy, this is one of the most entertaining reads I've ever come across.

Each summer, Matt, Sean, and Cooper set themselves a goal. This year, it's to see a naked girl. (Need I say more? Your interest is already piqued!) This might be easy for some guys, but not these ones- they're all, well let's just say their not ladies' men. Matt is also trying to impress a girl on his swim team, Kelly, by swimming the butterfly, an insanely difficult event. To complicate things, she has a boyfriend, who is huge and terrifying. The boys' exploits to see a naked girl get funnier and funnier, and gradually more ridiculous. Each thing leads to another and soon the boys are knee deep in...ahem...problems.

Their banter is as hilarious as it is realistic, and I enjoyed reading about their friendship. Certain scenes had me laughing for minutes,like the bathroom one, and That's What She Said Day. I found it very...interesting...to find out what guys are thinking about most of the time. The book feels a lot like a comedy movie: great dialogue, plenty of action, and good pace. A perfect summertime adventure.

This review is also on my blog. For the full review, please check out http://cheekymonkeyreviews.blogspot.c...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swim the Fly.