Charity's Reviews > A Suitable Boy

A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth

Nov 07, 2008

bookshelves: 1001books
Recommended for: people who love family epics
Read in August, 2009

This was a doozy (almost 1500 pages...eek!), but not one I will soon forget. In fact, I would definitely have to put A Suitable Boy in my top favorites of all time. Simply amazing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Suitable Boy.

07/16/2009 page 319
02/06/2016 marked as: read
show 8 hidden updates…

message 1: by Chloe (new) - added it

Chloe How're you enjoying this? I wanted to start it this week, but I seem to have overextended myself with book commitments this month. It's definitely going to be read this year, though.

Charity I truly love it!! (I see this becoming one of my all-time faves!) If you don't end up truly loving it as well, I'll be shocked.

message 3: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon wow your brave! 1400 pages! is it stil good?! im coming to the end of Count of Monte cristo at 1244 and has been brilliant, never read anything so long

Charity Yes, it is has been an amazing read! This is definitely the longest book I've ever attempted, but it has been so absorbing that I don't really notice the size.

I seem to be drawn to be fat books for some reason. Looking over my shelves, it seems that 1/3 to 1/2 of them are at least 600+ pagers. The idea of being lost somewhere in the middle of them makes me giddy.

Charity Oh yes! It was a beast and took every bit of a month, but it was well worth it.

message 6: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura How did you like the writing, Charity? At first glance, it seems a bit flat to me. Wondering whether to try this or not.